VDSL business broadband
Higher speed broadband than ADSL
VDSL2 broadband is a high-speed option for businesses who want faster Internet than ADSL2+, but don’t yet have access to UFB. VDSL2 is delivered over the Chorus copper network, and can achieve speeds of up to 50Mbps download, and 10Mbps upload. That’s around 5 x faster for downloads, and 12 x faster for uploads than ADSL2+.
VDSL2 delivers the same level of reliability as ADSL2+, but with faster upload and download speeds it is more suitable for applications such as Cloud Computing, Web Meetings, IP Voice and Online Backup.
VDSL2 is available to around 66% of NZ and performance levels are dependent on both the distance to the Exchange and the quality of the copper wiring. Contact us or ring 0800 999 010 to to find out if VDSL2 is available for your business.
VDSL Business Broadband Plans
New VDSL connections include a VDSL business grade wireless router with wireless capability, worth $199.
|VDSL Plans||VDSL with phone line*||VDSL with no phone line*|
* All prices assume that the customer has a Business Bundle with Digital Island. All prices quoted are exclusive of GST. Traffic usage is measured on national and international upload and download. Installation takes 5 – 10 working days.
VDSL broadband features
Because VDSL offers faster data rates than ADSL2+, VDSL broadband can support:
- Faster Internet browsing – for offices up to around 10 staff
- Cloud PBX – for offices with 5 to 8 staff
- Web Meetings and Web Seminars in full HD
- VPN services that work for remote desktop etc
- Sending and receiving large files
- Online backups
Installation takes 5- 10 working days and you will require a VDSL2 router.
VDSL one-off connection costs
- Installation fee of $199 applies. This includes the Business grade cisco router (free rental).
VDSL plan upgrades and downgrades
- Plan upgrades will be processed free of charge and can apply from the 1st of the current month.
- Plan downgrades will incur an administration fee of $20 + gst and can only be applied from the 1st of the following month.
Give us a call now on 0800 999 010 and one of our friendly sales staff will be happy to answer any of your questions.